Monday, February 2, 2009

What Are You Telling Your Body to Do?

It would be great if we could just talk to our body and say, "Hey, I want to be strong and healthy, and I want to have good balance. Thank you." Unfortunately, it doesn't work that way.

We do communicate with our body, and tell it what to do, but this communication is through actions, not words.

When you walk, you put pressure on your bones, and that tells your body, "Make my bones stronger."

When you strength train with dumbbells, that strains your muscles, which tells your body, "Make my muscles stronger so next time lifting that weight isn't as hard."

When you do balancing exercises, that tells your brain, "Improve the coordination between my brain and body so I can balance better."

So what do you think happens when you don't exercise? What messages are you sending your body then? Click here to find out.


No comments: